Hi, I am Michel. I am using a Canon camera. Yesterday I had celebrated my birthday party and capture some photos and videos. But today when I open my camera to see yesterday files of photos and videos then is showing the message that DCR files can read. I am trying to resolve it but that error message again showing. Please help me to recover DCR files from my Canon camera.
Camera users are capture daily photos, videos, movies, etc, and they store in a specific type of files. The DCR file is a media file which saves the files in Shockwave format which is especially for distribution on the web. This DCR file is similar to.SWF files but this file are created with Adobe Director. The DCR file is the raw image file.Some Technical Terms of DCR files:
The DCR files are short film header which typically contains an indicator of the stored files, also a file identifier. The pattern contains by this file is an image thumbnail format. This DCR raw file format contains the full-size JPEG conversion of images, these conversions are basically used to preview the file in the LCD screen of the camera. Another raw file format of DCR is including IIQ, Hasselblad, DCR, etc. This raw file has the 12 or 14 bits of information per channel with compare to JPEG gamma-compressed 8 bits which are of 256 shades. The JPEG image file stored in this DCR file mainly stores the image in the form of lossy compression format. This raw format stores the images formats usually lossless compression or maybe high-quality lossy compression.
1. Due to the Malware infection of files that are stored in DCR files.
2. Due to using your Canon camera when the battery is low or battery power saver mode.
3. Take photos from a camera in the rainy season.
4. Accidentally deletion of photos from users.
5. Formatting of Memory card without taking any backup of files.
6. Users remove a memory card from a camera when browsing the photos.
7. Due to a bad card reader. When users use the bad card reader when int that case the pins of card get damaged.
1. First of all switch of your camera in a proper manner then remove the memory card.
2. Open your personal system, take a good card reader and attach your memory card with them.
3. Open folder of memory card from the removable drive. Then Open files where your DCR file is stored.
4. Take back up of your memory card and store in your any drive.
5. Start formatting of your memory card. It can take several minutes to format your memory card. So, don't open the files from memory card until formatting complete.
6. Another way to repair it, scanning your memory card by virus scanner software completely.
7. Open the scanner software, select the files of a memory card and start scanning.
8. This scanning method may also take several minutes. So, open any file of a memory card.
9. After completing the scanning of files then you need to remove the memory card from your personal computer in a proper way.
10. Attach your memory card with your camera and check all files.
11. After following these steps your DCR files get ready to read all files.
Most of the users want to recover corrupt photo from Canon camera by using the software. The Software is also available online where users can download the Canon image recovery software which and install in his/her personal system and start the process of recovering the DCR files. The Canon image recovery software also has a preview option where users can check that this software is working or not.
The Canon image recovery software including the DCR files. By using this software you can recover image files. The basic working of this software is to repair several corrupt and encrypt DCR files. This software can recover the DLSR Canon, Sony, Nikon, and many more camera models. The software support to Sandisk, Kingston, Samsung, and WD SD cards. This software needs 2TB of space on your computer.
This software is first scan your camera, SD card or, memory card. This software provides the trial version where a user can scan their cards but they can't fix it they need to download the Canon image recovery software. The latest version of this camera is 8.0 version. The Canon image recovery software is basically supported by the system of Microsoft Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Vista and XP computers. This software is used to recover a corrupt file, deleted files. This software is needed to install in the computer which has the Pentium class processor. The computer also has the 1 GB of Ram and must have the hard disk of space 100mb. The languages support by this software is English, German, French, Italic, and Spanish. These are the basic information of about the Canon image recovery software.
This software is basically used for the camera which has the problem of lost photos from camera and cannot read any DCR files, and by using this tool to recover lost photos. Most of the important thing s that when using this software for continuing the scanning process them do not disturb them. If in case you open any file of the memory card when software is in working process then it may cause to delete file permanent from your memory card.
Jpeg recovery is one of the best solutions to recover deleted picture from jpeg files because of some special features which can not be ignored:-
Features of Jpeg Recovery Software:-
Processor : Pentium Class or higher class processors
Operating System : Windows (Windows 2000, XP, Vista, 2003) and Macintosh (Mac 10.4 x tiger, 10.3.9 Panther, and 10.5 x leopard)
Memory : At least 256MB of RAM(recommended)
Hard Disk : 30 MB of free disk space
There are few user guide steps for Windows operating system that will help in recovering all the damaged photos with ease:--
Step 1:-Install the software and Launch it. The first screen will appear on the screen. You need to click on "Recover Photo, Audio & video" option.
Step 1: Select the desired location or drive to recover the lost files.
Step 3:Choose the specific file format from the Advanced settings and click on Scan Now button to begin the scanning process.
Step 4: You can also choose specific region i.e. Starting and ending sector.
Step 5: The software will detect all the media files and you can see it during the scanning progress.
Step 6:A list of all the detected files will appear on the screen.
Step 7:You can also change the view of the file to see it clearly.
Step 8:Finally, click on Recover option after selecting the files.
Following User Guide for Mac will help you to recover the lost photos and videos in few steps:
Step 1:-Download and install the software. Now, you need to launch the application. From its first screen, you need to click on "Recover photo, Audio, & Video" button.
Step 2:Select the desired drive or location from where you want to restore the images and click on "Scan Now" option.
Step 3:You can see the scanning progress on the screen.
Step 4: It will show the list of files which can be recovered. You need to select your file and click on Recover option.
JPG, TIFF/TIF, PNG, BMP, GIF, PSD, CRW, CR2, NEF, ORF, RAF, SR2, MRW, DCR , WMF, DNG, ERF, RAW, etc.